I met myself Today

This is the first time I have seen myself,
Behind the blemishes and eyeshadow
You See the confused person
The flaws are in plain site
The makeup is armor
and the fears is your sword
lay down one's weapon,
what is left is something unknown
I can see the kreeses in the eyes
Each and every day without that armor,
you are not valid
for the person you imagined

Everything is hyper,
One is not validated until they look fabulous
but, nothing more
Exotic or rushing for a fraternity
Wondering where is my validity
When will the spirits of my QTPOC siblings reign
and our colors will wash out this sphere
That commodifies our facets,
but not have a voice

Damned If I do damn if I don't
So I will present however I please

A work in progress,
I love the makeup, but much different
Regardless
I am Trans, Brown, Egyptian, and Queer
Meet me here regardless of how I look




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Femmehood

Loss

Honest