Current


Seeing Myself within spaces
Once we have one of me in the mainstream
Everything is better right?
I don’t have to be scared no more
I am safe from harm
I can just roam free like Neil Patrick Harris
And his adorable family
Listen to this straight white folks
This is my letter to you,
I am a pissed off Trans Woman of color
That is breaking the flow what is going on
I will not be erased
I will not be normative
My body is here to stay
The death stairs and
Being called disgusting countless times

I would rather not leave my cubicle
But what would I do for my community?
Hiding leads to the violence of others
Sheltering leaves others vulnerable
So I make my presence
I strut to my own rhythm
wear my makeup, skirt, facial hairs and brown skin on my sleeve, though the odds are against me
My QTPOC siblings are here
Honey, you are just going to live with us

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Femmehood

Loss

Honest