My Attempt at a Love Poem

I sit and get coffee with you,
that is how every cheesy love poems go right?
All of my worries seem to fade
and the notion of being present
occurs to me

Within millions of people, that is NYC,
you feel alone
the wounds that bear my soul starts to rapidly grow
like a wildfire in a dry heat wave
whenever my light is submerged in a fog of eternal darkness,
I think of you,
the kindness and warm heart
the ability to listen
the infectious laugh
the thought of you lets me feel complete

I want to tell you
and be vulnerable
but I don't
my internal fears of misogyny
and the question of "Am I woman enough?' surges
I want to be able to love you
though you may not give the favor back

Though you may not feel the same,
I will still be there when needed
Hopefully in the future,
I will tell you how I feel
to be fully vulnerable
to gain strength
and love on our own terms

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Femmehood

Loss

Honest