Currently

These days,
I wake up in the morning and all I know is a deep anger for the world 
and my surroundings filled with fair trade coffee and loving the idea of girls like me
but discarding me when I am fully visible 
My rage is never valued 
As an Afro- Egyptian, black, hairy, trans woman 
I often think that all I am to be is angry 
I keep thinking that the world will fail me
So I figured that I might beat them to the punch 
I will just reject every human who encounters me 
Drag them before they even say anything

The only way that love can come about is if we validate our own rage
When we fucking scream before we reach a state of compassion
My rage will not be silenced
Neither the rage of intersectionally marginalized people
because silence never protects us
I have lost most of my hope for this country
But I love this country enough, though it does not love me back
I love it enough to critique the living shit out
so I can help change it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Femmehood

Loss

Honest