Honest

My name is Yasmine or Yas
I am a black hairy woman human plus lots of different things
and yes I can still be confused about myself,
I like it that way!
It allows me to be open-ended
I have depression
Suicidal ideations
Bipolar disorder
Insomnia
Anxiety and distorted thoughts
(Essentially a red flag for OkCupid!!)
I am independent on the outside
Strutting my heels on crowded sidewalks not giving a fuck if people stare at me
because in the end, I know that the world wants to have erotic sex in public with me
but on the inside I want people to put their arms around me and tell me that everything will be ok, even when it seems like it's not
I can never be happy with anything and no matter what happens, I will always feel empty
I feel like the world hates me most days
But I have friends that love me for my past, present and future all at the same time
My greatest fear is that all my friends will get sick of me and leave me

I feel like people see me and think that my body is for their consumption
"Maybe you shouldn't identify as a woman, you don't look like one"
"Are you ok? "You are not wearing lipstick today."
"If you shaved, people wouldn't harass you."
"If you stay the way you are, I am going to kill myself." 

I just say to all who have said these things, I love you
However, back the fuck off
Everyone is so obsessed with telling me how to identify and what should I do with my body,
that they forget to look at themselves 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Femmehood

Loss