A Black Hairy Girl Fulfilling the Diversity Quota in Oregon for a few days part 2

After a brisk walk through all the 1920 victorian bangalows and the infinite book shops for a cup of coffee, I finally said see you later to Ashland. After, 4.5 hours of driving through Snow, powring rain, and a raibow cutting through the gray skye, I arrived in Portland. In the first 15 minutes of being here, out of all the major cities that I have been to, this is the most amount of trees and white male hipsters that I have seen in any place. I am currently staying in North East Portland, specifically Piedmont, which seems be white with a handful of black folks; each and every black person I saw I sent Audre Lorde solidarity (or the nod) to them. The Place that I am staying in is a tiny cottage wear their are old light brown vintage oak floors and a country kitchen with white subway tile counter tops. It was my dream home. All it needed were some photos of Nina Simone and some glitter, breathtaking! In being here for just a few hours, I have seen so many cute white hipsters. I checked them out as I was driving hoping that we could collectively drink fair trade coffee and walk through a meadow together. So far, one of the things that I found out about Portland is that food trucks/carts. For dinner I went to the Piedmont Station Food Cart and had Pad Kee Mow (Drunkin Noodles) and Thai Iced Tea at My Thai. The Spiciness from the sauce, the soft rice noodles, and crunchy chinese brocoli that made the dish so mouth watering; the thai iced tea brought a creamy and sweet balance. I also saw the building framework for what would be at tiny house! I am going to lose my shit! Lastly, I am ending the night laying on the couch, watching The Voice, and dreaming about a white hipster companion. Tomorrow is my first full day and I will be going to Powell's bookstore to check out there vast book selection. To coninue my conquest of fulfiling the diversity quota for a few days in Portland. Untill next time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Femmehood

Loss

Honest