Sad Boy Mysygyny (Destruction and Creation)

To all the sad boys out there,
I just wanted to let you know that I am glad you are understanding your emotions.
That your experience other things than the words "I'm good or Chillin".

But here is the story:
Beyond every sad and woke you,
There are women and femmes like me who brought you here.

For some reason, you think to be sad means that girls like me do the labor for you.
But when I'm sad, you find a way to shut me up like an obedient dog,
only to speak when spoken to.

I validate your anger, but not mine. For girls like me, rage allows us to survive. The deep-centered fire within our veins because we have been neglected for so long allows us to fight, even when we have depleted.

Girls like me have enough rage to destroy planets; distort the planetary alignment and rotation around the sun. Only to realize my rage has just begun.

Because the fact of the matter is that being a sad boy is at the expense of people who can't be complacent, because if we are, then we die.

I recognize that for all of us, we were never meant to survive the breathing fire dragon that is America. The type of dragon that will set flames to is anything that is other, the type that will incentivize greed and privatize greed. The type that will burn everything down, and will leave girls like me to have to create from the burning ash that is our village,

For girls like us, we come into this world already burnt, knowing that our bodies were never ours, to begin with.

That at some point, the flicker that is our flame will turn into smoke; only to be forgotten.

To all the sad boys, I am glad you are exploring emotion,
don't do it at the expense of mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Femmehood

Loss

When my identity is Reduced to a Body