A Black Hairy Girl Fulfilling the Diversity Quota in Oregon for a Few Days part 3

A started off my day at around 6:30 am getting ready to go to Powell's books, but I received a text at 2:23am from Carina, a close friend/mentor from Sonoma State who now works at Oregon State was in Portland for the weekend for her partners birthday. She invited me to at Drag show Brunch at Stag, a gay nightclub in Downtown Portland with such dim rainbow lighting that I did not think the rainbow was functioning this morning. Also, the bartender was a fucking gorgeous black man with thick black braided hair, muscular arms with tattoo sleeves on both, and a well-trimmed beard. I would love to climb him like a tree. I would happily say yes to having erotic sex in public. Anyhow, I was with Carina, her partner, and some of her friends. At that moment I did not know what to expect because usually when a friend introduces me to their group of folks I did not know how social I should be or what kind of person I should perform. So I got over myself and just breathed. I caught up with my friend and her group of amazing people as stuffed my face with eggs, potatoes, bacon, biscuits and gravy, and a bloody mary that tasted like vodka and watered down ketchup. After we ate, I watched my first drag show. Seeing them perform their routine reminded me when I was five pretending that the dirty white curtains were a stripper pole, dancing to "Baby One More My time" by Britany Spears. It also reminded me of how much time I thought I lost. It was the first time in about a year where I actually have done something adventurous. In some way, the show has allowed me to be more present and focus on the good moments that are in front of me. Today was a great day meeting new people, catching up with a friend, and going to my first Drag show as well as a Gay bar.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Femmehood

Loss

Honest