When my identity is Reduced to a Body

When my body is reduced to body parts,
When gender is to the surface,
People go straight to you body part,
because that is the only thing that is validating,
As I came out of the whom, I was birth-assigned male only to come to terms with the fact that I am a woman,
The discrimination is prevalent,
But the one thing that gets to me
Is when a mother covers the eyes of your young daughter in order to protect her from me
When I go to the bathroom, woman's eyes turns into shock horror because I somehow invaded their space
you see, once your body is marked at birth, one can't get outside of it
Each day it gets harder to fight because I don't know a day where I am truly whole
This brown skin and this aching disconnected self
I will fight for myself and for my Queer and trans siblings of color
In my own way because rallies are too numbing for me
We will strut one step at a time
and let DT45 know that we are still here
Your group of people can not get rid of us

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Femmehood

Loss

Honest